Oral Surgery in Ann Arbor MI, can be required for a number of reasons, from an impacted tooth to wisdom teeth that are crowding your other teeth. Many people wonder what they have to do in order to recover from oral surgery quickly and without complications.
Below, you will find some of the do’s and don’ts of recovering from Oral Surgery in Ann Arbor MI.
Do’s of Recovering from Oral Surgery
* You should take it easy the first day of your surgery. It is best to stay lying down, but sleep propped up to prevent putting pressure on your mouth.
* If your mouth is swelling, you will want to apply ice packs every 15 minutes to reduce the swelling.
* Once the bleeding stops, you are able to eat soft foods. Make sure that you stick to soups, yogurts, and liquids so that you don’t irritate your mouth.
* Always finish the round of antibiotics that you could be prescribed after the surgery.
* Keep your mouth as clean as possible after the waiting period to do so. You are advised not to rinse your mouth for the first 24 hours following surgery, so make sure that you follow that advice to a tee.
Don’ts of Recovering from Oral Surgery
* Don’t bend, lift heavy objects, or in any way overexert yourself after oral surgery for the first few days.
* Avoid any type of hot foods or drinks until the numbness from the surgery wears off. In this way, you can be sure that you don’t scorch your mouth.
* Don’t chew any type of crunchy foods in the area that the surgery was performed for six to eight weeks.
* Try to refrain from smoking for as long as you can after oral surgery. The smoke will irritate the spot where you had the surgery and can cause complications.
These are just a few of the do’s and don’ts of recovering from oral surgery. Follow the rules well and your recovery should go smoothly. Make sure that you refrain from smoking for as long as you can and keep your mouth clean. You can visit website for more information.