Your wedding video will be one of the most treasured souvenirs from your special day. It’s important to have a professional creating that video. As you’re deciding who to hire as your wedding videographer, keep these 10 tips in mind.
1. Set your expectations. Before you can even begin searching for the right videographer, you need to know what you’re looking for. Make a list with your spouse-to-be that outlines what you want and need.
2. Set a budget. There is a vast range of what wedding videographers charge. Make sure you know what you can spend – and what you can’t spend.
3. Ask for referrals. Talk to people who have had good experiences with videographers. Friends, family members, and co-workers can make recommendations.
4. Research online. Take a look at online reviews to get an idea about reputation. You want someone with happy customers.
5. Schedule interviews. Talk to at least two or three potential videographers.
6. Review their work. During the interview, ask if you can see samples of some of the videos they’ve taken previously.
7. Discuss availability. You’ll need to make sure the videographer you want is available on your wedding day.
8. Discuss vision. You should be willing to trust your wedding videographer when it comes to style and content. It’s why you hire a professional. Just make sure your vision matches theirs.
9. Talk money. Discuss your budget and see what you can get for what you’re willing to spend. Don’t lead with this question; you don’t necessarily want to choose the cheapest videographer on the market. Most professionals will have a range of services and prices.
10. Sign a contract. Pay a deposit, sign on the dotted line, and welcome your wedding videographer to your team of professionals who will make this day memorable.