One of the most amazing things about slate roofs is the fact that they can last for up to 150 years. This is one of the reasons even if the initial installation may seem like a very expensive affair; it will be worth the cost eventually. When installing a slate roof, you will need to get the help of experts at roofing in Springfield, VA. This way, there will be fewer mistakes during the entire roofing procedure. However, before you start the roofing process, there are certain things that you ought to know.
Things to bear in mind before installing the roof
1. Ensure that you buy a superior quality roof deck material. The ideal material should contain lumbar and be of ¾ inch thickness. It is also possible to use gypsum.
2. When shopping for the roof slate, check for its thickness, quality and brand name. In case you haven’t used slate before and don’t know what is good and what is not, get the assistance of a roofing expert in buying the material.
3. Find the perfect roofing pattern and style for your roof. Note the common mistakes that people make when installing slate roofs and ensure that the company you hire for your project does not make the same mistakes.
4. Purchase all the tools that are needed for the installation job. These tools include slate rippers, cutters and hammers. Even though the contractors will have their own materials for the job, it is still good to get some of the things.
When approaching the installation experts
The other thing that you need to be keen with is the process of hiring experts for slate roof installation. Note that slate is not a common roof material, thus, fewer contractors may be experienced in its installation. There are questions that you ought to ask before hiring a certain contractor:
1. Ask whether the contractor is insured and boded.
2. Ask about their experience in the installation of slate roofs.
These are some of the things you should consider before doing roofing in Springfield, VA. Dream Home Remodeling, Inc. offers some of the best roof remodeling options locally. Visit the website and learn more about the roofing styles and techniques they have on offer for their clients.