Details Regarding Dental Root Canal In Oahu
A root canal is an anatomic space that is created on the soft and delicate part of your tooth named the pulp. The root canal is also the part that contains nerve endings of each tooth, and the treatment performed to repair and save the damaged part of the tooth instead of removing it is known as root canal. Therefore, if the root canal is damaged and the nerves exposed, it is advisable that you visit a dentist who will perform a Root Canal Oahu.
Advantages of a root canal
* You will not have to wear an artificial tooth to replace the one that has been removed.
You can easily and effectively chew gum.
* When you have removed too many teeth, you jaw may develop other problems, but with a tooth canal, this will not be the case.
* When you have all your teeth intact, they will not experience any strain when you are eating like what would be the case when you have few teeth.
Endodontics is the branch of dentistry that deals with complications related to the pulp. If the problem is too complicated, see an endodontist but if not too serious, then a normal dentist can work on it. View the site for complete details.
Symptoms of an ill root canal
* In the initial stages of the problem, you will experience dull pain that feels as though light pressure is being exerted on the area.
* A tooth that is broken or decayed is a sure sign that there is a problem too with the root canal.
* If the problem is not handled immediately, the pain could also be felt in the ear and the jaw area.
* When the problem is in the advanced stages, you will often experience a sharp and spontaneous pain that is not quite clear on the source tooth.
* Some pimples may appear on the jaw that then acquires pus that makes the whole mouth smell very bad.
* The affected tooth may start to discolor when the food particles and air get inside the tooth canal.
* When the problem is not handled after a few days, the area will swell making it impossible to chew anything.
* Finally, the face will swell too.
At times, a root canal can get complications but not show the above-mentioned symptoms. The dentist will have to take an x-ray for him to know the extent of the damage.