If you are looking to purchase a violin, there are a few things that you should know beforehand. These tips will help the buying process become easier and you will know what to look for before entering a store. Here are five tips to help your search for a new violin.
- Price range. A good violin will start at $500, any intermediate or professional violin will at least. If this is your first violin purchase, make that very clear to your salesman, as they will be able to point you in the right direction when it comes to prices. Never feel pressured to buy a violin right away but starting your search within a store will help you to wrap your mind around what you are looking for and what you need.
- Try it. If you find a violin that you truly love, make sure that you try it out before you buy it. Just because the violin looks nice does not mean that it will fit you nicely. You want to make sure the violin is the right size for you so that you will be able to play it well. Try out a few different violins so that you can get a feel for what you want.
- Can you take it home? Many shops will let you take a violin home for a period of time, like a rental. By taking a violin home with you, you will have more time with it before you buy it. Just because it felt right in the store, doesn’t mean that it will feel that way when you are at home playing for your own comfort.
- Do you have a friend? If you have a friend that plays violin as much, or more, than you do, bring them with you. It will be helpful having a friend that can determine if it is the right kind of violin for you. By having an outside perspective, other than the salesman, you will be more likely to find the perfect violin for you.
- What size do you need? If you don’t already know this, the salesman will be able to help you find the right size. If you are, for example, buying a smaller than full size violin, you should probably rent it instead buying it. Unless you are fully grown, never buy a less than full size violin, as you will probably continue to grow and need a larger one.
If you are ready to begin your search for the perfect instrument, the best violin store in Wilmington, NC, is Ronald Sachs Violins. Contact them today to learn more.